Here is our website for our group Please come join us if you love to paint and love the Lord! http://www.dawgteam.spruz.com/

Monday, October 27, 2008

Scratchboard

Hello My name is Darlene Howell I am fairly new to this Blogging stuff but I thought a great idea for a Blog would be a Little how to scratchboard. I have been creating Scratchboards for a few years now and I find it very rewarding.

Scratchboard can be done on either a blank white surface that you paint or ink then scratch out your highlights or the way I normally do it is I start with a preinked board. Ampersand makes a great Board for this called scratchbord. It is a sturdy board with a layer of white clay then a layer of ink.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I usually start out with the basic outlines just so I know where everything is going to be Sccratching out the lines with an exacto knife usually very lightly at this stage.

Photobucket

Then I start from Left to right filling in the highlights as I go.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I go over it making sure there are no adjustments I need to make and if so I can reink and rescratch.

Here is the finished product.

Photobucket

I then spray it with a spray varnish to protect it.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Great Blog Darlene, I enjoyed it very much! I have never done any of the scratchboard, I do want to try it Thanks! Lisa

Lee Pierce said...

Super demo! Thanks for sharing :)

jywheeler said...

Great post! Good job!

jywheeler said...

Great post! Good job!