Here is our website for our group Please come join us if you love to paint and love the Lord! http://www.dawgteam.spruz.com/

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Recipes

I thought I would share some yummy Recipes that you might want to try this holiday season. I like to try and eat new goodies so hope you enjoy them! :) Lisa
*****************************************
Gooey Bars
1 Box yellow cake mix
1 stick margarine Melted
3 eggs
1 Box Powdered Sugar
1 8oz. cream cheese
Combine Cake Mix, margarine, and one egg, press into a 9x13" pan, mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and 2 eggs. Beat for 5 minutes, pour over mixture and bake 35 to 45 minutes in a 325' oven, Cool before Cutting
******************************************
Gingerbread
1 cup molasses
3/4 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cup sifted flour
1 egg
1 tsp. soda
3 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Mix together beating well. Batter is thin, Bake at 350' for 35 minutes.
***************************************************
Fruit Tea
6 tea bags
6oz. frozen lemonaide
6 oz. frozen orange juice
2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
1 1/2 cups sugar
Boil tea bags in one quart of water, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes add all juices and sugar to enough water to make one galloon, Refrigerate.
**********************************************

Coconut Bon Bons
1 1/2 sticks melted butter
1 can Eagle Brand Milk
2 lbs confectioners sugar
2 cups coconut
2 cups pecans chopped, you can leave out if you don't like them
1 12oz. pkg. chocolate chips
1/2 pound of paraffin
Mix butter, sugar, milk, coconut and pecans together, Roll into balls, Chill
Melt choc chips and paraffin over water water, dip balls into choco mixture and place on wax paper to cool! :)
The Recipe
I didn't have potatoes,
so I substituted with rice,
I didn't have paprika,
so I used another spice,
I didn't have tomatoe sauce,
so I used tomatoe paste,
A whole can, not just half,
I don't believe in waste,
A friend gave me this recipe,
she said you couldn't beat it,
I don't know what's wrong with her
I couldn't even eat it! :)
~May God Bless Eat Bite~

3 comments:

tgfleet said...

I'll have to try some more of your recipes Lisa! That one about your friends recipe cracked me up!!! lol

jywheeler said...

So can you give instructions on how NOT to burn them! LOL...I burn jello.

Lisa said...

Joann, turn your heat down! LOL