Here is our website for our group Please come join us if you love to paint and love the Lord! http://www.dawgteam.spruz.com/

Sunday, March 13, 2011

So It Has a Name

Last weekend when I put up my Sunday Sketch I put up a  doodle I did when my cable was out. I just did it with a couple of pens. No big deal. Just doodling.
After I posted my link to my Sunday Sketch I had a couple of people tell me that it was a zentangle.....who knew. I had no idea what a zentangle was. Turns out it some sort of mediative  drawing or doodling. According to zentangle.com  "Zentangle is an easy to learn method of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. It is a fascinating new art form that is fun and relaxing. It increases focus and creativity. Zentangle provides artistic satisfaction and an increased sense of personal well being"
 
 They also call it a "elegant metaphor for deliberate artistry in life" and also "mediative". You can buy kits and books...they've taken doodling to a whole new commercial thing.

I did a search on Etsy. There are a lot of them on there. But for me, it's just a doodle. I do that when I'm bored. I always have. When I go to meetings my notes are filled with doodles.  So inspired by the beautiful doodles or zentangles in color, I decided to do another and enhance it with watercolor and here it is.

It is available in my Etsy Shop at this link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/69525379/mixed-media-aceo-original-sea-of-life
.....thanks for reading. Joann Y Wheeler

No comments: